Pages

Saturday 12 December 2009

This is only a small job from me ...


We all, especially those who don’t like staying at home all the time, spend lots of time on the road. Despite all the bad things – crime,, accident, and reckless drivers – sometimes fuuny things happen on the streets!




COULD BE WORSE

On a rural road, a police car pulled a farmer over and said, “ Sir, do you realize your wife fell out of the car several miles back?”

To which the farmer replied, “ Thank God, I thought I had gone deaf!”



NO HURRY

In a very narrow alley two trucks driving in opposite directions meet. As the drivers are equally stubborn, neither of them wants to reserve. They angrily look at each other. Finally, one of them picks up a newspaper and starts reading. The other politely asks, “When you’ve finished the paper, will you please bring it over, and let me read it?”


HEARD ON A PUBLIC BUS

“When you exit the bus, please be sure to lower your head and watch your step. But if you miss your step and hit your head, please lower your voice and watch your language. Thank you.”



IF I DON’T …

A driver tucked the note “forbid to parking” under the windshield wiper of his automobile. “I’ve circled the block for 20 minutes. I’m late for an appointment, and if I don’t park here I’ll lose my job.”

When he came back he found a parking ticket and this note: “I’ve circled the block for 20 years, and if I don’t give you a ticket, I’ll lose my job.”



TRAGIC ACCIDENT

A man was driving down a quiet country lane when out of the blue a rooster ran into the road. Whack! The rooster disappeared under the car and died.

Shaken, the man pulled over at a farmhouse and rang the door bell. A farmer appeared. The man, somewhat nervously said, “I think I killed your rooster, please allow me to replace him.”

“Suit yourself,” the farmer replied, “you can go join the other chickens around the back.”






Pratiwi Nurul Aini

XI IA.6 / 26

No comments: