Pages

Saturday 27 March 2010

Farah Salsabilla/XI IPA 5/13

Last year, I and my brother had weeks of holidays. I still remember when he came home and started to tell me a long story of how a stupid and funny reunion he had that time.
Ok then, I'll tell the story in my brother's perspective so we can get deep into his feeling.

I and my friends from junior high school planned to have a reunion. I called them one by one to discuss about where and when we would have the reunion. Then we came up into one decision which was to have dinner together in pizza hut, java mall, Saturday night.

In that Saturday night, I came alone, arrived at 06.15 p.m. and waited for them. I was waiting so long, around one hour, before finally, one of them reached there. I was angry of waiting for them around one hour, alone, in Saturday night when everyone else was coming in couple or with their mates, and of course, none of them came alone just like I did and I felt like a gone child or a broken heart boy, a looser that just had dumped with his girlfriend. In fact, he, one of my friends who came first after me, did easily say, ‘Hi, bro! How are you? Why are you sitting alone? Where are the others?’. I answered with full of anger, ‘Oh, I am feeling so great, interested, and amused of waiting for you and them around one hour, here, alone!! Didn’t I tell you guys that it would be in 06.15 ?’. He replied, ‘Eh, no, you didn’t say that, you just said it would be in pizza hut in java mall, Saturday night, that’s it. So here I am’. Then I started to recall, and I remembered, that holidays was Ramadhan holidays, I planned a lot of reunion beside the one which is with junior high school’s friends and I always make it at 06.15, but the fact was that I didn’t tell about the time for this reunion, I was blurred with other plan that made me think I did already tell the time. So it was my own fault and my stupidity that brought me to this kind of situation.

Then it was only me and him, waiting for the others. That time I felt like a gay couple, even more it was Saturday night. Luckily, that was not a long time before all the others came. It was all seven of us, if there is girl’s night, it was boy’s night. We chattered around, talked about all the stupid moment we had in junior high school, and there we really had fun and stuffed with huge pizzas. It was worth for me waiting around one hour.

We decided to go somewhere else after finished all the pizzas and some of the chattering because we all knew that we still had a lot of funny stories or experience or only just a trivial stuffs to make. We stood up from our seats and went to the exit ways where suddenly, as usual, the waitress said ‘Thank you for coming, have a good night’ and opened the door for us. I just smiled back at her and we went away from pizza hut.

We started to continue chattering and make fun of the other. Then I remembered, ‘Oh, thanks a lot of paying the pizza, bro’
‘Oh, yaa, thank you very much, bro’, one of my friends added.
‘Yes, it’s very kind of you. But, by the way, who was paying for the pizza?’, one of my friends started to wonder who was paying the pizzas.
Then we all keep silent. No one answered the question, who was paying for the pizzas?
I started to be curious and looked into one of my friends’ eyes who was most possible of paying that much.
He said, ‘Eh, I did not pay, I don’t bring that much of money tonight. I thought that you were paying for us.’
‘Yes, the same thing, I thought so’, the others also thought the same way that I was the one who paid the pizzas.
‘But I didn’t pay, I swear I didn’t. Hey, don’t be kidding me. Does it mean that we haven’t even paid the pizzas? And we simply walk away?’
All keep silent.

Suddenly, there was a man with a uniform running to us, he was shouting to us to stop. I knew that uniform, it’s pizza hut’s uniform. Then we knew what would happen next. We came back to the pizza hut. The cashier guy offered us the bill with face full of anger just like my face when I waited for one hour all alone. The embarrassing part had not finished yet, after seeing the bill which was around Rp 300.000,00 , we counted how much should one person give amount of money and we collected the money which was full of ten thousands, five thousands, one thousands and some of twenty thousands without fifty thousand or a hundred thousand, making the collected money looks like a bunch of money which is just collected by angkota driver. The most embarrassing part was that after paying the bill, the waitress opened the door for us, but this time she doesn’t say to have a good night. She said, ‘Besok lagi bayar dulu ya, mas’, with smiling, but loudly.

No comments: