Pages

Thursday 18 June 2009

I’m gonna tell you about my experiences in Kali Lumpang. Kali Lumpang is located in Kendal, forgive me cause I’m little bit forget the specific location. That really memorable about this village location is, when you arrive in kecamatan, to reach Kali Lumpang I must passed a forest. There was so beauty of landscaping. I can find natural rubber trees, chocolate trees, nutmeg trees and many more. But the dominant one is natural rubber trees. The landscape is steep and rocky. Especially when I arrive on the end of the forest, the bus can’t drive me to Kali Lumpang. I must walk, by motorcycle, truck, or kind of jeep. And just experienced driver can pass that way. It made me wonder. How the people go to market to fulfill their needed?
In Kali Lumpang I live a home with Fadia our host parents named Mr and Mrs Supaad. Mr Supaad is a taciturn man. When Mr. Supaad talk to us, he looked didn’t feel comfortable, and it was make us like a strange people there. But he is a good man. Other ways Mrs. Supaad is a talkactive one, she is a kind woman. When we arrived at their home, she was great us with her simple smile. She show me our bedroom. I think it is a nice room. It is better than my imagine before. It feel like Mrs. Supaad has prepared it all for us. We look around their home. In front side the house the floor have been tile. But in back area, It haven’t yet. Altough , It was a proper house to live. And It was a nice little house.
They have one child, She is about 12 years old. She has a tall body and black long hair. When fadia and I stand beside her, we are shy cause she was taller than us. She was like her daddy a taciturn girl. At first our introduced, she didn’t talk a lot. She was look shy and clumsy when she talked to us. Behind her taciturn, she was a kind girl. The day after, she didn’t look clumsy again talked to us.
My favorite thing to do there is cooking. There the stove wasn’t like in Semarang. They still using pawon. It didn’t simple as gas stove when we wanted use it. We have to wait the ember and we must put on the wood routinely. In order to the fire still bright. It is so traditional cooking. We didn’t go to market to buy vegetables or fruits. Cause Kali Lumpang surrounding have prepared it. My first question was answered. The nature have prepared anything for them. Maybe they just go to market to buy clothes or house equipment. First day, when we helped Mrs. Supaad cooked in the kitchen. Mrs. Supaad was gonna cook chicken for breakfast. When I look the chicken, that was a horn chicken. And I asked to Mrs. Supaad.
“Mom, the chicken was bought from market?”
“Yes, dad bought it this morning for Fadia and Ruci.”
For fadia and I.? It made me wonder. Is that means if we weren’t here they don’t eat chicken like that day.?
Suddenly Mrs. Supaad say. “If usual day in this house we just eat tofu and soybean. We rarely eat chicken. If we could eat chicken, that’s very delicious food.”
Hear Mrs. Supaad said that, make us empathy. In Semarang, we eat chicken was a usual thing and we almost eat it everyday, but here chicken is a delicious food and they eat rarely. Beside that we feel like we were treated specially. We place here to understand other story about life and to help our host parent in their work. But why we seemed difficult them.? In the night. My classmates and I gathered to share about our activities. In that moment they also tell about the special treats from their host parents. Not only Fadia and I but also almost of my classmates get it.
The second day is the most memorable moment. This day we went to corn field. Not only our host parents, fadia, and I but also almost my classmates and their host parents. We would “ngemes” that was term to spread fertilizer on corn field. That was wide corn field. To reach the corn field. We have to pass the hills and little river. From corn field, my classmates and I play in the river around there. It was a happy moment to play together with my friends. We really enjoy the natural view and the pure water. Sounds the natural music from sprinkle water. The sounds of trees that blew. And my friends happy giggling, add the happiness that day. We spread wate to other and it made us got wet all of our body. But we really enjoyed it. Maybe Kali Lumpang’s society think that we are crazy. A look like people that never see a river. But that we were, In Semarang we can’t see a natural view like this. We just view the buildings around. No fresh air to breath, no pure water that flow every times .
For three days had been live in Kali Lumpang had gave me experience and teach me other side about life. Especially when the latest night there. My host parents told me about their hard life. Mrs. Supaad said that life is unpredictable , so as long as we could do the best do it soon. Don’t waste your time, your health, and your wealth. Live in has not only experienced me but also gave me a moral education. There are so many people that life in improper. It was reminisce me that always said thanks to ALLAH for my life right now.

Nadisya Ruci X-7 23

No comments: