Pages

Thursday 18 June 2009

Love is all around.. there is love in every spaces in this world. It is universal. Anyone can feel love, can be loved can be a lover. When love come to us, can we refuse it.? Have you ever plan the right moment to fall in love.? However, Love is surprising and precious. This feeling could be given to anyone and anything.
Hmm.. now I’m gonna tell you about Who I’m in love with..
If you ever hear quote say Love at the first sight, my story are related with that quote. With a little adaptation from that quote, my quote is Love at the first heard. I feel it about 3 year ago, when I’m went to travelling. In the car my sister play her new cassette. I never knew about this group before. First sight the album cover, I was not interest at all. Maliq and the essential, what kind of group it was.? But my sister ask me to listen to the music, she made me sure that was a great music. Okaay.. don’t judges the music from the cover. Then.. the music was played. The first song.. “ I’ve got sunshine. Shining through my eyes the love is from above cause you are sunshine of my life”. Hmm… I thought It was okay. An unique arrangement, and instrumental. Jazz with little bit pop, electro, and groovy. Doesn’t like usual jazz music with slow tempo and swing rhythm. It was a fresh jazz, when I heard it.. I wanna heard it for more. Not only me but also my father like their music. The cassette was replied more and more. We enjoyed the music along our trip. Most of their song made me fall in love, but I have my favorite. First my love for “ Terdiam” and second for “Untitled (bonus track)”. Especially for “Terdiam”, that’s a timeless song for me. I never felt bored to heard, and sing it.
Now I would describe this group. This group is named Maliq and d’Essential. At their first their appearance, they consist of 9 personnel. But as the time goes, Now they are consist of 8 personnel and little bit rearrange position. Here they are (imagine there is a back sound when I present those personnels, hahah). Angga and Indah (vocal),Widi (drum), Jawa (bass), Ifa (keyboard), Amar (saxophone), and Lale (guitar). Basically their music genre is jazz, but they put some experiment instrumental of their music. And It’s make the music sooo catchy hahaha.
For 3 years I’ve been in love with Maliq and d’Essential. Finally at June 12 2009 I could watch their performance live in admiral. I swear anything that would be happen can’t stop me to watch their live performance hahahah. At 11 p.m Maliq and d’ Essential performance started. For the opening, they sing Blow My Mind. Everybody in that room sing follow Maliq. So do I, I never stopped to sing and dance while they were performed. Blow My Mind cheers my mood up by “Come with me, dance with me, you and me in fantasy” lyrics. In the middle of the show, I was shouting to request Terdiam song. But I thought that was useless. Cause my friend and I stand in back row, so they can hear my vioce. Although, they sing another song, I was not disappointed cause I love every song of Maliq and d’Essential. No longer, I hear the intro really familiar, and I realized that was my favorite song Terdiam. Huwaaa… immediately I shout horraay..! And I sing along.. “Apakah kau rasakan getaran ku, Ou..pada dirimu. Ku hanya duduk terdiam menunggu untuk tahu namamu, Ooo.. namun ku terdiam tak ku lakukan”. For an hour Maliq andd’ Essential had been performed live in admiral. We and all the audience weren’t stop sing and dance enjoy the music, every lyrics, melodic, and rhythm had been made us amazed. In the stage not only the music but also their confidence to entertained the audience pretty surprisingly. I hope the performed wouldn’t finish, I wanted more and more. Around 24 pm the perform finish. Oooh I hope I can see their perform once more this night. I would never forget this night.

....Nadisya Ruci

No comments: